Friday, July 9, 2010

To Catch a Dream

"I am here this is happening. First two, then me, then three,
the room is filling up.

I try to calm my mind, it flutters,
overwhelms, at the possibilities
of casting a net out wide,
to catch one's dream.

Calm, Calm, Calm..."

Last night, I began my first Gotham Writers Fiction I Class with Evan Rehill. The Class will meet once a week for 10 weeks and I intend to attend every session. The irony is that I was sitting in this same class exactly one year ago.  However after completing my first short story I stopped coming to class. I ran away because of the coward that I was; but more than cowardice, it was my insecurities that were suffocationg my dream;

tying it up until paralyzed into inaction,
tying it up until there is no life.

But my Revival has come! You too, find your dream, cast your net wide, catch it because you can! (not if) ;)

No comments: